WOOO! Transfers today and I'm staying in Tapachula! So happy! Because we are seeing heaps of miracles and opportunities and I also just remain in love with this place.
First: Baptism this past week! Of course the night before M.J. was doubting as was her mother and wondering if she was really ready but we invited her to come to her interview and she would be able to know from there. They came, felt the spirit and decided to go for it and Saturday was a crazy day! All of our speakers got sick, including the replacement ones we asked five minutes before the baptism and in those five minutes suddenly had to vomit. I don't know what was going on but finally the elders spoke. We also had to redo the cedula like five times and run home for the CD to our musical number in the middle of the baptismal service, but we were glad we did because it ended up being a perfect ending. There is a spirit SO strong in every baptism. Although we were stressing about this and that before the baptism and ended up starting it late, in the moment before she was baptized the spirit entered the room like this huge power and everything negative sort of just floated away. We watched a movie about Jesus being baptized and it was beautiful, and then Hermana Castillo and I sang "Hija de un Rey" by Jenny Phillips and everyone afterward said the spirit was so strong, including M.J.'s father. It was great to have V. there as well so she could feel the spirit and fortify her desire to be baptized. Still looking for our miracle there.
Well Sunday was also beautiful. Everyone decided to come to church. We passed for one little girl we found this past week, whose grandmother is a member from years and years ago and wants to return but has become a little confused from going to the Catholic church for 40 years. The grandma said she couldn't come to church because her head hurt and that C., her granddaughter, was asleep so probably next week. We asked her to ask C. if she wanted to come with us but she was convinced that she wouldn't want to go without her. But then her little brother ran into the other room and shouted "C., DO YOU WANT TO GO TO THE MORMON CHURCH?" and then came back in saying that yes she did so we sent little Almita to bring her over once she was ready. E. was all ready once again, I forget if I already talked about her. But she used to say she'd never come to church and now wants to go every week and is always ready with her little girl. M.J. was confirmed and her mom came to see her (her dad had to work). And then in came G. all by herself! Let me tell you about her. G. is 13 years old and is a friend of Jenny and Ricardo and basically all the youth and I'm not sure what excuse any of them have for not giving her to us as a referral because we found her in the street, invited her into Jenny's house for a lesson and she accepted everything and said yes to the baptismal invitation before we even finished it, then made arrangements with her work so she'd be able to come to church! Such an amazing girl.
I feel like I'm just learning everything out here and I have the sweetest purest companion in the world who just loves me no matter what I do....Really I have learned so much from her and from these 6 weeks and have felt the spirit more than ever before. Here's to another 6 weeks of even more success! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment