So it's going to be kind of short today. Because three things happened this week:
1. My companion got dengue.
2. C. and J. got baptized!
3. And I hit my year mark and had my year-mark-crisis
all in the same week!
Basically my companion was super tired on Monday and went all yellowish on Tuesday so we went to the doctor and they're like, hey you have principios de dengue, which means some pesky mosquito bit her (probably in Arriaga, her old area since it usually takes about a week to show up and here it's too cold for mosquitos) and we began an interesting week of me yelling at her to get in bed and her wanting to go walk all over Coita and contact everyone. Good little missionary, bad hija. But we did a little of both because she wasn't too bad and felt fine a lot of the time. Now she's doing a lot better, today we'll be going for her last visit to the doctors to see if it's pretty much gone, but last time it looked pretty hopeful, they said she was almost back to normal. Yay! Sometimes dengue lasts like 2 months, but we got it quick while it was starting and should be good this week.
So C. flew to his baptism, he was so ready and happy and has been coming to seminary every day this week. His mom came which was beautiful! She felt the spirit and they kept hugging. We'll see what we can do with her now :)
Thursday I hit a year and we celebrated with a brownie from the OXXO (mexican Maverick) and a sleeping companion. :)
The rest of the week was pretty hard, as our investigators all pretty much fell all over the place. Those who were progressing disappeared, those who had baptismal dates chose not to come to church and we ended the week with none. Sometimes it's a bummer having low numbers but it's not the end of the world because like, God can do anything and stuff. That helps a lot having Him on our side. My companion was sad because she felt it was her fault because she was sick, but I helped her understand that that's ridiculous unless she was in on some plot with the mosquito.
I've always heard that after a year sister missionary's go crazy and have some mental-emotional crisis, and I've been waiting for it and today it came! But along with it came this huge power and help from heaven. I am amazed at how much power filled me. I just want to say that I felt the prayer of someone today, so I want to thank you. I was also reading Helaman 10 when the Lord talks to Nephi and says:
4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works...
This scripture brought me such comfort today, and I know that the Lord sees our efforts. Not everything always turns out perfectly but He is aware of each one of us and loves us. We are to seek His will with unwearyness, and although we did feel pretty weary this week, we have felt the power of angels with us and found the strength to keep going. I hope you all feel the power of heaven in your week and feel my love as well!
Love you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment