Today I was teaching my companion english. Is anyone else feeling uncomfortable with the fact that I didn't start this letter with the word "so" because I kind of am.
So that's better, and today I was teaching my companion english and it may have been the best thing ever. I would type out the conversation but I just tried and it wasn't funny anymore so I deleted it. But just know we had an hour long discussion on cookies and how we shouldn't eat them anymore but as she repeated many times "No! I love you the cookies!" I don't know it was incredibly adorable.
Well one day this week we went to go teach Alejandra but they were already in bed in their one room house because their power had gone out and they had one flickering candle in the middle of the room. They told us to come in anyway and we started telling stories of the Book of Mormon in the candlelight and it just took me back to lights-off stories of my childhood. Awesome.
It was a little rough this week with investigators and members while we're at it. Yesterday after finding and bringing an inactive youth of many years who was super cute and bubbly and excited to go to church because she hadn't gone since she was a little girl, we were very disappointed with how the members treated her and she left early. We have seen many of the same patterns lately and are a little lost at how to help get this branch welcoming and showing concern for those who are lost. The members, every one of them, are amazing! Each has a testimony that is beautiful and treats the missionaries so well, but we have been praying a lot to help them have a love one for the other. But afterwards we began studying and praying and I realized that this is nothing new, that the children of God, even active members like the Nephites, have always struggled and it's because we have an enemy attacking us! So rather than get discouraged because of bad choices good people make, we need to be fortifying their strongholds, giving them more arms and helping them strengthen their testimony. So we made a plan and are ready to go out and do it!
I loved a quote that a friend on the mission sent me today, it's from the wife of Elder Zwick and she said "Hard is hard, hard is not bad, it's just hard." So we need to do the hard thing and fight! Fight laziness with diligence, fight discouragement with hope in Christ, fight fears with faith, fight negativity with optimism, and fight Satan with JESUS.
Love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment