Monday, December 8, 2014

Miracle niños, 1, 2, 3!

Sooooo....I'm staying in Coita!

Annnnnnnd..... I get another daughter!!! Yay!!!

I knew I was training. Sometimes you just know things. So I'm excited to go pick her up tomorrow. As for today, Hermana Coronado and I get a whole day to be together and do everything, pack up the house and take cute Christmas pictures. Today we opened her Christmas package and pretended it's Christmas because YOLO (Is that still used in the real world I know nothing).

Also it was an AMAZING week, we found a CUTE family that is really open and have little boys and an even CUTER family that's really closed but have little girls who completely stole my heart, COMPLETELY. Basically my companion taught the mom while I played with the girls because it was impossible any other way, they're so crazy, three and four years old, and the smaller one has the eyes of a meerkat (imagine Payton a few years ago in a staring contest). They were obsessed with me, trying to crawl all over me and ruin my books and I'm like "I bet you can't zip my bag closed," but boy was I wrong, they could (and they stopped messing with my stuff ;) Super cute. Too bad the mom is happy with being Catholic and thanked us for coming. I'm still looking for an excuse to go back there. 

We also found Caramel. His real name is C. or something but it's all really the same. We went to eat at D.'s house and she had a friend from photo class over, we said hi to him and introduced ourselves and went in the other room, and five minutes later she called us back "HERMAAAANAS, Caramel wants to learn about the gospel." Of course he does! So we taught him, got an appointment, ate, taught him the next day and he accepted a baptismal date and was at church an hour early the next day waiting for us. So. Awesome. We don't know much about him but he's super silent and solid. Yeah Caramel!

Well, we were also praying a lot that we could have people at church this week, and fasting, since it's been a rough couple of weeks. We sent D. and her mom L. to get C..s. and L..r. and went ourselves for some others, including K., who we dragged out of bed and she promised to meet us there, which she did. FINALLY! We're hoping she'll keep making steps in the right direction. Then suddenly D. called and said C..s didn't want to come and his mom wasn't home, and it was reeeally important that he come since his baptism and the primary program is next week, so I had her pass me the phone and all I said was "C..s are you ready?" "I'm gonna go get ready now!" and he did. Atta boy. Sometimes it's hard for them to make the missionary-member transition, but it's always best to do it while we're still there.

Well, they showed up but said little L..r wasn't home but they'd brought C..s's cousin S., another 10 year old boy who is just as excited as C..s and is living with them now. After church they took them home and L. told us they went home and at five they showed up at her house again and begged for her to take them back to church so she brought them to the Christmas devotional, where we taught Samuel, drew pictures, and sang with the Tab Choir. It was the most beautiful night ever.

Speaking of C..s, my little boy Roberto in Tapachula who we used to bring to church every week and who knew all our pamphlets front and back just got BAPTIZED!!! My old companion sent me a picture and it made me cry. We prayed a lot for that little boy and his family and it looked like they all went to his baptism. Yay! 



And other than that, we've been decorating our house beautifully, putting on David Archuleta christmas CD over...and over...again since it's the only Christmas music we have aside from a little Motab. But it's good stuff. Making matching shirts, stockings, and the works. It's Christmas in Coita! I love you all a lot! 



Exchanges with the capacitadoras, who are also both Gringas from California and Washington. We had lots of fun, and I got to spend 24 hours with hermana Pugh, who has been with me my whole mission and we always say we're the closest thing to family we have on the mission. She is amazing! And really helped pick me up this week on a rough day.


No comments:

Post a Comment