Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My First Rum

As you can tell it was an interesting week. Let it be known that my first alcoholic taste was without my knowledge and in the form of ice cream, which I think we can agree was the best way to go. If you're gonna sin, you might as well not know about it AND be eating ice cream. It happened like this. We have an investigator (best referral ever) that a little girl in the branch thought of and took us to while she was out with us last week, and she happens to own the best cake shop in Coita and the first visit gave us all big pieces of beautiful 3 leches and cheesecake, and she has not failed us in any visit since. This Monday, we went by and found out her uncle owns the huge ice cream-crepe shop next door we always pass, and he sent some workers over to give us free samples of all their flavors, and we didn't think to ask until we had already tried them all what they were (dumb), and when he pointed to one of the ones in my dish and said "tequila" and that it was a mix of several liquors and rums, I'm pretty sure the look on my face was priceless because my companion couldn't hold it in and started laughing like crazy. The man left and I secretly threw the rest of everything away, completely scarred. 

Not a whole lot of interesting stuff happened this week other than that. We spent Thanksgiving preparing for our activity and bought some delicious biscuits at Gloria's cake shop because they tasted like Thanksgiving, and then ordered a pizza that night. Friday we had an awesome activity, first one in Coita that's succeeded it sounds like, although we didn't have a ton of investigators we had a lot of members show up and the activity itself went so smoothly. I applied everything I learned in our Tapachula activity to make it more organized and get the organization leaders involved, and they did the rest. We had a nice chapel tour with each organization presenting something and explaining the function of their organization, and then watched a missionary video By Small and Simple Things, and let everyone pick a BOM, a Christmas DVD, and some pamphlets to give away to somebody this month. 

As for investigators, we're on the search for new, C. continues to be our faithful little man who comes every week and participates beautifully in primary, and his little brother (L. Y.) follows him everywhere and is the CUTEST little person I have ever met, he is our world. The other day we took some members to meet their family, and they asked his name and he said "L...Hermano Y.!" More quotes to come. 


Sorry this email was kind of lame haha, that was my time, but I love you all!! And am getting better at sending real letters now that I have a post office :) Thanks for the Thanksgiving pictures and to everyone who was in them for being part of my life, I love seeing how the family's doing and I'm thankful for each of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment