Monday, April 13, 2015

Straaaaange things

...are happening to me! Straaaaaange things. (Toy Story.)

Well! We sure did have transfers today. We were expecting several of the girls to be moving around and out, but we did NOT expect this. Every single companionship in my care as well as almost the entire zone has gotten changed and it looks like I will be here alone and expected to know everything and be somewhat in charge! WAHAHAHA.

Van is off to Tapachula to sweat in APRIL hahahaha. I laughed at her. It is just so hot right now. Hottest month of the year. But it's a magical place and she'll love it. Meanwhile, the other girls in our ward are getting switched, and we'll now have a trio in which not one of the three know the area. New Zone leaders, everything. BUT. Hermana Pugh is coming to Comitan so I won't be completely alone. Whew. 

Other than that, we weren't together anyway this week because we did exchanges with Chenalho, the little village out in the mountains with the indigenous people. Not sure if that's spelled right. Holy beautiful though, I can't wait to go there. We've been learning Tzotzil all week and can now at least introduce ourselves and say some other simple things.

We also had so many miracles this week. We worked so hard and had high numbers for the first time all transfer. That was a huge blessing as we ended. Yesterday a cute recent convert from a little Ecuador village came out with us to visit since she's preparing for her mission. We talked about Ecuador, and I admire her so much. She's the only member in her family and her brother makes it so hard for her to go to church since she works for him, but I've never seen anyone so humble and diligent in immersing herself in things of the gospel. She's always at work watching Mormon Messages or reading her Book of Mormon or Preach My Gospel.

We also saw the Lopez family the other day. The mom is having a hard time making a step, but the dad said, "I don't know about all of you, but...I'M going to get baptized." They're still perfect. We love them so much. Thanks for your prayers for them.

Thanks for all your letters and messages as well! It's nice to hear how everyone's doing up there. And please keep the prayers coming because heh heh....who knows what is going to happen in this next transfer. Definitely ready to let Him take over.


I can't remember if I mentioned this last week so I just will. In the Liahona this month there's a talk called, "It isn't a Sin to be Weak." Holy. Moley. It is beautiful and changed my whole perspective. I invite everyone to take a nice long read and reflection. So often we confuse our mistakes with our sins, our nature with our disobedience, and begin feeling guilty because of our challenges. It's so important to learn to recognize the difference so we can use the right remedy! When we really are willfully disobeying we NEED the Atonement to make us clean and change us. When we are fighting through a weakness, we need to humble ourselves, not beat ourselves up but rather rely on the Lord's grace. If we can learn to do THAT there is nothing that can get us down in this life!

I love you all and hope we all have a fantastic week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment