Well I don't have a ton of time today because my mail decided not to open for 10 minutes and stuff. Hehe. But. This week was so different and so cool.
On Tuesday night Elder Johnson, an area 70, came and spoke to all the missionaries and ward council members in the area and it was POWERFUL. So many uncomfortable people in that room, because he was asking, with raises of hands and everything, who was doing their job and who wasn't. Apparently most of the ward councils around here aren't meeting every week or have mission plans, which has been a little frustrating as missionaries. He is a powerful man, and told us all exactly what we were supposed to be doing.
The next morning we had another conference with him, his wife, mission president and his wife, the area president of something something and all the missionaries and this was by far the most powerful meeting I've had since coming to Mexico. He answered questions and we talked about how to get started with working with these ward councils. Our ward raised our hands for those who had a ward mission leader who didn't fulfill, and he asked for two volunteers of these people and I accidentally walked right up, which meant I had to role-play solve this problem with the mission leader with love in front of president, the 70, and 50 missionaries. So that was fun.
Basically to sum it up, the conference went for four hours with POWERFUL doctrine, so much love, and a call to action. They told us the goal for us is to baptize EVERY WEEK and if we're not doing that, it means that we don't believe it. And I started thinking, you know it's true. And I started believing it. The spirit was SO strong and I have never been so excited to act. He talked about the power and authority of our calling and I was able to feel that power so strongly. I can't describe it all, but I am more excited than ever to serve! And not only for this time but forever! I learned so much about how to be a member of this church and serve in the various organizations. It's all about love and changing OURSELVES because we are the only person we can change. But it's a ripple effect - when one person changes others start changing around them, and so we are able to influence a huge amount of numbers by changing ourselves, and we can do that through prayer, repentance and how we think of people.
As we were leaving the conference, we shook hands with President and he asked my companion how she was doing in the new area, then pointed at me and said "Ella es buena." And I will tell you right now he could have thrown me a parade and it would not have meant more to me, because he's not a big one for giving compliments. And then I shook hands with Elder Johnson and said "Cada semana!" and he said he could tell I believed it now. So that is my fiery excitement for the week.
And it has been crazy! We've been working hard toward this goal and having almost no investigators that are progressing but having faith and talking with the ward members excitedly. I still don't know how it's going to be exactly but I have felt the power of faith this week, and know that when we have a firm trust in Him and are concentrated on doing His will, we will always see miracles! Sorry it was short this week but I am loving you all and praying always! Keep up the good work!!
No comments:
Post a Comment