Monday, June 30, 2014

More details: Hermana Castillo

Hello for real this week! Sorry for the lack of information last week, I didn't know anything either. So I am LOVING being a trainer and my companion is the sweetest thing. Super humble and tries really hard. She kind of reminds me of my cousin Sabrina but I don't know why. Probably because she laughs after everything she says. 


Yes I'm still in Tapachula WOO! The whole ward was surprised they changed my companion and not me but I said I informed them I'm not leaving Tapachula ever so there's that. 

This week we started with almost no investigators. Our only real progressing investigators were V., who is progressing beautifully and the family of G., I told you about them the other week. Well, sadly Satan was at work this past work and G. got his "answer" to his prayers in the Bible, which told him to reject anything that wasn't the doctrine of Christ. We tried to really listen to him and understand what was going on in his brain and help him understand that the Book of Mormon does nothing but testify OF CHRIST, and that we also believe in the Bible, but he kept repeating that we believed in Mormon and not the Bible and he couldn't listen to it anymore. Sadly his wife goes along with everything he says and there was nothing more we could do for them. But one day they'll come back on their own as many members told us. Such a beautiful family. 

So we prayed a lot to find new investigators, and had a few contacts from the week before that had some promise, one of which, D., worked in a new snack shop. At first it went well but then we didn't see much progress with her and she kind of closed up. Later we found out it was because the shop was her brother-in-law's and he doesn't like missionaries and she was feeling really nervous that he would come the whole time. But we found her one day when he was out of town and started just chatting and she opened up and told us about her whole life. She is amazing. 24 years old with two kids and had left an abusive husband and is searching for God in her life. She has a lot of wisdom for someone so young who has never had anyone to really guide her in life, and we started talking about the Book of Mormon and the blessings of the gospel and it was amazing how after we listened to her and loved her the words just flowed out. It was like the spirit was talking for us and it testified to her as well. She drank up all our words and said she wanted to prepare herself to be baptized and we started planning how to find time to teach her when her brother-in-law wouldn't get upset about it. I felt the spirit so much in that lesson and I know there is such a bright future for her. I was reading today about how the Lord only requires a broken heart and a contrite spirit and how that really is the difference between the investigators that progress and those who allow whatever hardship, distraction, or excuse to get in the way. Those who have that humble spirit will hunger after the truth and will be ABLE to feel the spirit when we testify. It is so amazing to be part of that experience.

I'M SO HAPPY IT'S RIDICULOUS. I didn't even know you could BE this happy. I once co-wrote a book about How to be Ridiculously Happy (haha) but turns out we missed the real secret. Here's what I learned this week. It's conversion that makes us happy--when we change inside from our carnal state (fallen children of man) to our spiritual (children of God). I'm going to study more about this conversion thing this week, but some scriptures were in Mosiah 5, Mosiah 27 and Alma 18 I think, when it talks about some examples of people who experienced this change. And the result? People are falling all over the floor in pure and utter JOY. 

May you all experience a bit of that this week. Love you!


Hermana Wilson


"Just predicando [preaching]" (left to right: new member; YM president; Jenny; Hermana Hernandez; Hermana Wilson)

Bunches of missionaries about to head to Tuxtla for our new hijas.



No comments:

Post a Comment