Well hello! What a week! We're seeing tons of miracles and opportunities right and left and it's a beautiful thing. I do believe the baptism drought is over!
This week we received some random references, one from a former investigator who "didn't know anyone" because everyone was Catholic, but when we asked if anyone had passed away recently he pointed us a few houses down and we visited them the next morning to see if we could help with anything. The woman whose mother had passed away said, "seriously?" and put us to work arranging millions of flowers and replacing the dead ones with fresh and we had so much fun talking with her and working with flowers. I'm in love with flowers. I decided when I get home I'm going to forget studying and instead lock myself in a greenhouse and live among them forever.
So anyway, we're visiting them every now and again. We also received a reference from a member who had a neighbor who'd been arguing doctrine with her and she said she'd send the missionaries. Turns out he'd been baptized years ago, or rather tricked into being baptized as they hadn't informed him what was going on til he was in the water, but is looking for a good church for his grandchildren who live with him. Well he argued doctrine at us for almost 2 hours without breathing, so the next time, we brought our best weapon: Former-70 member/stake president/temple president etc. Hermano Arrevillaga who has the power to blow up your mind with one sentence in his mild deep voice. All this man's confidence disappeared as he was taught and he really humbled himself, saying "I didn't know that before...oh..." It was amazing, the difference. We invited him and his wife and the niños to come to church and he said he'd try it one time but if he didn't get an answer that was it. Oh brother. Well, they had a wonderful time, the members adopted them and the kids loved primary and that night when we visited the 7-year-old girl, D., responded to the question "where do you want to go?" with a shy "al Mormón." Our hearts melted and basically right there was his answer, received through the little girl who was actually listening to the spirit and recognized something in this church. And now they're really listening and learning. Such a beautiful family.
Well I'm afraid this was a short one and I've run out of time. We're going to go explore the ruins of Izapa again. But I love you all and am happier than ever and pray this week is a beautiful one for everyone! Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment