So yesterday I was innocently walking right behind my companion in the rain in my wonderful rain shoes that I love and have been so good to me, when these wonderful rain shoes failed me completely, and suddenly my feet were no longer under me but above me, and I crashed on my tailbone. Ow. I lay in pain and pathetic-ness in the mud laughing as my companion freaked out, and once I could get up off we went and now all is well and I no longer walk like an old woman. Woo!
On that note, this week was wonderful! And moist. Those two words pretty much sum it up. Rain rain rain and miracles errday. We lost [one investigator]. After not showing up to his baptism we finally found him at home and he told us he was moving to Tabasco two days later so we planned one last lesson with him and all his friends from the ward and talked to him about continuing in the church and not giving up so he could have his baptism soon. Well, turns out it was all a lie, he didn't move anywhere he just wanted to get rid of us. We thought his story was fishy a few times, especially when he didn't show up to his last lesson, and sure enough there he was the next day and the next still un-moved from his home and hiding whenever he saw us passing. It still makes me laugh a little bit how that man cannot tell the truth to save his life, but we are sad that he wasn't able to come through and change his life like he wanted. We really did grow to love him and want the best for him. One day!
We FOUND V.! She's the sister of an inactive member who was baptized a year or so ago, his name is Y. Every time we've tried to find him, his family pretty much tells us to get lost, so we were surprised when one day his mother invited us in when it was DUMPING rain on us. She let us hang out in the house until it slowed down, and in the meantime we talked to her about the church anything. She told us about how Y. got baptized without telling them anything and knowing they wanted him to wait and thus they aren't very happy about it, but we made friends with her, and the next time it was dumping she let us in again and sent her daughter out to keep us company. Well she turned out to be a marvelous person who knew Jenny, who was accompanying us that day, and got really excited to see her and opened right up. The next week we went back with Jenny and Sét, another YM from the ward, to visit Y. and V., and it turned out BEAUTIFUL. The spirit was there, she accepted a baptism date, both agreed to come to church the next morning, and their relatives who were visiting with their father muttered in the background the whole time about how we knew nothing about preaching "la palabra de Dios." So that last part wasn't super marvelous, but hopefully one of them got something nice and spiritual from their eavesdropping.
Rain is so fun. Especially when rain turns into rivers in the street and Jenny loses her sandal and Sét swims after it and nearly gets plastered by a car and we're all laughing our heads off the whole time. Every day at about 5 it starts coming down out of nowhere super hard and quits at about 7 or sometimes never.
My companion is crazy. She does everything that comes to her brain the minute it does so and sometimes it stresses my poor little conservative self. Like, can we do that? And before I can ask that question out loud, we've already done it and usually something great happens. For example, someone tells us the bishop doesn't show very much love, my companion says let's go teach the bishop about love and suddenly the bishop is taught about love, has poured his soul out to us and trusts us a ton more and everyone's happy and I still have no idea what happened. But I love it and I love how we are seeing things happening! I think that's something I need to learn to do a little more, start acting. Stop thinking so much. But for right now I think I'd better keep thinking so that someone is ;)
I've been studying about humility this week, and how it really is the first step to everything. If we want to change we've got to be humble first or we're not going to get anywhere. I love Alma 5 when Alma is preaching to the people and trying to get them to REMEMBER all the blessings from the Lord and to change their hearts. This is something we've seen here as well. The people who have great desires, questions, and agree with what we teach but don't humble themselves never make it anywhere! They stay rock still. But those who recognize they need to change and that they need their Savior see miracles and come to know him. And I've seen the same with myself. If I want to be the perfect missionary and get caught up in all the rules, being perfect, numbers, etc. I really just stress myself out and run in circles, but when I take time to pray for humility and really recognize that I can't do this alone, that's when I see someone else take over for me and miracles come! I know Jesus Christ loves us and has the power to change us into what we want to be! I love this gospel and I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment