Well, here we are! Beginning the LAST TRANSFER. [The ‘Last Melon’ was an Ice Age dodo reference, btw] My companion is getting transferred to the Dominican Republic :(
Yesterday we had quite a dramatic scene in which she said she's leaving me and started throwing all her clothes dramatically onto her bed and telling me everything I'd done to her. She's so funny. I'm going to miss her.
So this week we worked like MANIACS. Our district leader put a goal on the district to have 21 lessons and 220 contacts as well as a bunch of other things that all sounded impossible. So we decided to go for it and it was quite the week. It also rained. Every single day. And our feet were constantly wet which apparently makes your lungs hurt because that's what happened. I think I'm going to invest in rain boots.
[Here’s the weather forecast I snapped from my iPhone while Kelsi was online this morning:]
But I'm going to tell you about what was probably the BEST day of my mission. I don't even know why. It rained the entire day. Hermana Ana, this single 50 year old lady in our ward accompanied us the whole day and we contacted EVERYONE. We kind of made it into a competition, my companion was keeping score and she'd be like "Okay I've got 12 and you've got 8." "Did you count the last two ladies?" "Those were MINE! I talked to them first!" "But who had their card ready?" "No! Bad!" And then later, she's like, "I'm winning both of you!" "But Ana and I are a team, right Ana?" "Yeah!" "NO!" It was so funny. Also, I had like a million failures. For example, we're walking along the busy street on the sidewalk and suddenly I feel like I'm going to fall off the curb, so I grab a telefone pole, fall anyway, and end up swinging around it as my bag goes flying off my shoulder and into my hand and then I end up just embracing the wall and collapsing in laughter while my companion can't even breathe and we're just maniacs in the street laughing beyond control and she's like, "What WAS that!?"
| Kelsi, Ana, and Hermana Caraballo |
But despite all the craziness and laughter we had the most success I have ever had in one day, with a bunch of lessons and 82 CONTACTS, (the mission goal is 20 each day). So with a half hour to spare we went and bought huaraches to go and taught a lesson to Hermana Ana right there in the restaurant while they were being made. Awesome.
Meanwhile, I forgot to mention that last Monday we went to these caves in a forest and it was awesome! It was like being in Timpanogos but without the hike, you just pay 5 pesos and walk in, and then they try to charge 15 more after you're in but your Dominican companion says "Do I REALLY have to pay to see some rocks" And they let us all in free and didn't even take our money when the rocks were actually cool and we tried to pay on the way out. They were nice.
| Hermana Alejandra and Kelsi |
And last of all, here are some random questions and short answers from my little sister :)
So how are you? Awesome!
What's your favorite part of your mission? See above!
Do you wish you could extend? Well, why wish for things? There are things to do here and things to do at home so I'll just do what I'm told. :)
Do you think mom wishes you could extend? I used to think no but I'm not altogether suure. They keep telling me how much they like having me on a mission. But I take it as a good thing!
How's your (new?) companion? Coming tomorrow!
Are you hungry a lot? No.
Do people feed you? Yes!
If so, do people feed you well? Most of the time!
Do you ever just scream from joy? Every day.
Do you still dance in the rain? I sort of smile upwards and do a little jig.
DO YOU MISS ME!?!?!?!? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
What is your favorite Mexicano food? Everything
What is your favorite Americano food? Bagels
What do you miss most? Bagels
Do you mind answering these in the main letter? That's what I'm doing!
How many people do you think are counting down the days until your home? You tell me :)
Many people are wondering (me), is your bed comfy? Do you sleep well? On that note, do you see emoticans? Yes. yes, yes :)
Who do you miss most? (me, right!) Carpets!! The violin. Oh, and you.
Well, I love you all! My new companion is Hermana Membreño and will get here tomorrow. I like her. She does crazy things. She's one of the girls that was trained in Tapachula at the same time as I was training and we would see them a lot.
Have a great week!!


No comments:
Post a Comment