Well this was a beautiful crazy week.
First, it was Monday. We had several sisters from the zone and tzotzilandia come eat lunch with us to bid my companion farewell, and then one of them helped me by asking if I could pass her some music and we escaped off to the internet cafe of a member to get together a surprise for my companion. It took a while but turned out great. I'll send a copy. We had been planning what to do for her all last week in secret phone calls and whispers in the church hallways. I will tell you that it is HARD to keep a secret from a companion. They are just always there. But we successfully got a poster printed out, hung up in her room, and sent everyone back to her area. When we got home she wasn't feeling well and went into her bed, a moment of silence, and then she shouts "TE PASAS WILSON!! AWWW!!!" She said she's going to frame it once she gets home.
The next day, the hermanas called us really early saying that apparently one of them was sick and couldn't drop her companion off at the bus stop to go to her new area, and could we please magically be ready and go take her RIGHT NOW, and the ironic part was that my companion had to throw me the phone and run to throw up because she's actually sick. So we ran all over town, ate breakfast, took some stuff to the sisters that are staying, realized we were all sick, so made an appointment and all went to the doctor together. And then Sister George calls and says she'll be coming down so she'll take my companion away and to not worry about the bus. But they didn't get there til 8:30 that night. Which was perfectly fine with me. Saying goodbye to her may have been one of the hardest things I've done on this mission and I was emotional for days. ME! COLD HEARTED WILSON! But luckily President was really sweet and brought me my package and a letter to make up for it and I got to drown my sorrow in goldfish and nuttella. THANKS MOM!
But the next day as I was studying and just about every scripture was bringing tears to my eyes I realized how the Lord has changed me and purified me in this transfer, and I guess the whole mission. I was feeling the spirit like never before, and something I talked to my new companion about was that sometimes I think the Lord makes holes in you so that He can fill them up with something else. And that "else" is absolutely beautiful. He wants us to be a different material, and He has to change us piece by piece. The love He let me feel this last transfer was a gift from Him and the sadness afterward created just the hole He needed to make me a completely different person, and I haven't felt the same since! My new companion and I sat down and made some goals for this transfer and I just have this constant feeling of overwhelming gratitude and humility for all that has happened. We met with our zone leaders who are also new now and I was equally grateful to see their love for the missionaries and their desire to help each one. It is the first time we have had four leaders, all together, who only want to do good and not just mess around and we met together in prayer and HOLY REVELATION that just came raining upon us. This zone conference will be beautiful.
I just can't get over any of it. Everything I knew is so different now! I just want to get to heaven and fast! But not that fast. Don't worry. I just can't wait to love more and more people because it's incredible. I think I'll have ten kids.
Well, love you all! Hope you have a superb day and feel the spirit this whole week!
Hermana Wilson

No comments:
Post a Comment