Monday, March 31, 2014

Hermana Wiiiilson!

Sorry but I think it's going to be short this week. This week was awesome with some ups and downs and a healthy dose of discouragement midway through. Our baptism fell through because R. doesn't feel ready and has no support from his family. He's only 11 and still doesn't understand a lot of things but we're going to keep working with him.

This week I got to come face to face with my weaknesses. Sometimes you feel super small and you have all these people to bring to Christ and really don't know how. But here's the thing. God knows exactly how and I learned a lot about putting my trust in Him and being patient with the work. For example, yesterday we were walking, and walking, and walking all Sunday long and there was NO one home or in the streets (I'm not sure where they go, they're probably all having personal scripture study time in their rooms I like to think). We had all these goals, had prayed so hard this morning for lessons and to find the people who needed the gospel right now, and we didn't have one lesson. We even had a member with us and were all ready to dish out blessings.

By about 7:30 I was feeling pretty down because we'd been walking for almost 5 hours and I prayed we could have one lesson and bring someone to Christ. But then I had to realize that we were doing what we were supposed to do, we were talking to ALL the people and we got some really good conversations with them and addresses from almost all, and we just don't know what's in the cards for us all the time, but we know that God knows and has this perfect plan, and maybe His perfect plan isn't that we teach 12 people a day or have 3 baptisms a week or teach perfectly. Maybe it's that we mess up and keep going and walk the footsteps of all the disciples of Christ who have gone before us. Patience doesn't just mean, be patient today and you'll get amazing numbers tomorrow. Sometimes it means keep pushing today and tomorrow and all this month, and maybe all your mission or all your life and you may never see the fruits but He who is in charge is using you to bring about His work if you're doing what He asks. So what's important is that we seek His will and do it the best we can and we may not know what miracles are happening around us!

BUT. One of the last people we stopped and talked to was waiting in her doorway and on any other day we might have passed her by, but we knew we had to talk to everyone. So we explained who we were and asked if we could visit another day and she said, how about right now, and we were like, well yeah! And sat in the gross gutter and talked to her about our purpose and she said she's been looking for something like this. She promised to come with us to General Conference and we have another appointment tomorrow. And we walked away like, okay. Okay that's fine with us. God answers prayers, and this time He let us see that He was aware of us. Amazing.

Well, we're entering into the hot season (I don't know what the other one was called) and I now have these happy red bumps all over my arms and neck that are apparently from the heat. We don't have water this week, and at first I tried to think of how I could get my dad to mail me our emergency tank in the garage that would be so handy right now, but luckily we were prepared and have our own several-buckets, and today it turned on for a little bit so that was a blessing.

Pamela (our return missionary friend) has been coming with us a lot and constantly I hear her behind me hitting my compaƱera and then whining "Hermana Wiiiiilson! Your compaƱera hit me! Did you see that? Hermana Wiiiilson!" "No! It wasn't me! Did you see that?" Constantly. I told them I'm never having children now, which they know isn't true because we always talk about my 10 hijos.


Well I'm out of time but remind me next week to talk about Later. I love you all!! Keep it up, stay strong push on!

No comments:

Post a Comment